Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Join Us for Kids say the Darndest things


The Archangel has had a little trouble understanding figures of speech lately & taking them quite literally.

For example - We were having an issue w/ him not treating his siblings very well. We talked to him about being nice in return, even if they were not being nice to him. We used the phrase, "Killing them with kindness." His response: "Does that mean you put love in your hand & punch them?"

Also - When we went to the zoo last week, I told the munchkins that Lawgirl was going to "tag along" with us. He said, "That means she would run towards us & tag us to come along w/ us."

Perhaps I should add some figures of speech to his school lessons...

Check out Lucy at Mystical Rose Design for more of Kids Say the Darndest Things.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Those are great! It's so funny how kids take everything literally. Thanks for joining in and come back again next week!
In Christ,
Molly
www.mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com

Neen said...

This is the funniest thing. I have a very literal son. No matter the subject he takes every word for exactly what it said.

Gardenia said...

Hi, I'm here from the darndest things hop. what funny stories you've got. nice to meet you.