Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Monday, June 29, 2009

More from the Munchkins!

The other night, I went into The Princess' room to tuck her into bed. All of her stuffed animals & dolls were strewn about the floor, so I had her put them away. She did so w/ no complaint. However, as she was putting them back on the shelf, the following conversation took place:

P: These dolls are giving me a head-ack!
ME: Why are the dolls giving you a headache?
P: There are just too many of them.
ME: Well, if you see any that you'd like to give away, just let me know.

She gave me one & put the rest away. While she was finishing, I happened to notice that her fitted sheet had pulled away from the mattress. As I was fixing it, our little conversation took a different turn:

P: You're the best Mommy in this house.
ME: Thank you! But, I am the only Mommy in this house.
P: If there were more Mommies & Daddies in this house, I'd get a head-ack!

Am I not giving her enough Tylenol or does she just have a sensitive head?!?

***************************
On to The Saint: A few days ago, he was sitting on my lap while I was eating some of Aldi's nacho chips (think Doritos, but about 1/3 of the price & they don't taste much different either - just as addicting!) He watched very carefully as I was eating each chip. Soon, after each bite, he would place his hands on both my cheeks, pull me towards him, & lick my lips -- the same way a puppy laps up its water. I guess I didn't need that napkin after all!!

0 comments: