Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton



It's that day of the week again. Wow! Times sure does fly! Here are this week's successes:

1) I cleaned out the van, w/ a little of the munchkins' help. We got out all the trash, toys, books, etc. Then I cleaned all the vinyl & vacuumed the inside. I even wiped down the interior of the doors. The only thing left is to take out the car seats & vacuum under them.

2) Instead of getting frustrated w/ Casiondad for not thinking & locking his keys in his car this morning, I took the high road. I volunteered to meet him at work this evening to wait for AAA. He's hasn't gotten around to getting a second key for his new car yet. I figured meeting him & calling AAA ahead of time would save time after he got out of work. I also decided to find more ways to help him out to alleviate some of the stress caused by rushing around to get ready for things. (Yes, I know I should be doing that anyway, but I tend to be a bit selfish at times & just get upset w/ him instead of helping.)

3) I planted squash in our garden. I was going to do the green beans, but I need to get some pot ash to mix in w/ the soil first. I started the tomato & pepper seeds inside about a month ago. The tomatoes are doing okay, but the peppers didn't take. I think I'll have to buy plants instead.

4) This is a bonus - I got my first pedicure on Saturday! Last Spring, some good friends of mine got me a gift card for a local spa & salon as a baby shower gift. I was going to use it in July for my SIL's wedding, but The Saint decided bedrest was a better idea for us. After he was born, time just got away from me & I never got to use the card. Saturday I finally got to use it - definitely worth the wait! I really enjoyed it & now my tootsies are are nice sparkly brown. I thought about going for a perky blue, but opted for the other - reality trumped fun in this case!

Check out Faith and Family Live's Small Successes to see & share more.

0 comments: