Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

I don't feel so successful this week. The Saint has been giving us some sleep (or lack thereof) issues. For three days in a row at the end of last week, he decided that 12:30am was time to get up for a few hours. He's not doing that anymore, but he's still waking about 4 times per night.

1) In light of the lack of sleep mentioned above, I guess my first success would be that I still managed to survive & function, at least enough to keep meals on the table & do laundry.

2) I polished my fingernails the other day - a first in a very long time. The Princess has been asking for blue nail polish, so my mom found her some as well as a very pretty teal one. I polished her toes (The Princess', not my mom's!), alternating the two colors for her. Then I used the teal on my fingers.

3) I've de-seeded lots of cherries & froze them for future desserts. We have a tree out front that I didn't realize was a cherry tree until we'd lived here about two years. The past couple years, we've had an abundance of cherries. We probably got 30 cups of cherries this year. I would have picked more, but the birds got to the last of them. In all the ones I de-seeded, only two had worms in them.

Check out Faith & Family Live for more successes.

2 comments:

ViolinMama said...

What a happy cheerful list! I needed to read this!!! Thank you for always being so generous and kind and sharing such great successes every week. You uplift - what a gift! Have a great long weekend! Much love!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are sleep deprived! I am at my worst then :) Glad you were able to do a few things to make yourself feel better. I admire your cherry pitting. I just printed out a recipe for a cherry pie using fresh cherries, but I am a pretty terrible baker so I have to get up the nerve :)