Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Archangel Ponderings

Most nights, before the munchkins go to bed & after we've said our family prayers, I will read a bedtime story. The book I'm currently using is Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories Volume One (published in 1950). I've had the first five volumes of these stories since I was a little girl. They are nice, wholesome stories about children just like ours. Sure, some of the topics are a bit outdated, but that just makes for some good discussions & reflections afterwards.

The other night, I read the story God's Great Kingdom Part 1: How Big it Is. The Prophet enjoyed it because it tied in w/ some of our science about our solar system. I also had to make a side note to the munchkins. In this story, the young boy asked Mamma if anyone had every flown off the world & gone to the moon. Mamma said no because there is little air to breath & that it would take "an airplane traveling at three hundred miles an hour more than a month to get there." She also mentioned that an airplane, traveling at the same rate would take more than 50 years to get to the sun. (As I said, this was from 1950!)

Once I was finished reading, the munchkins came up with some wonderful discussion questions & for once it was not an attempt to stall their bedtime. The Archangel especially had some good questions/comments -

Him: I wish Jesus was still alive so He could come to my party.
Me: But He is alive & was there in the hearts of everyone who was there.
*****************************************
Him: We must be like a tiny spot in God's hands.
Me: Yes, but He can see all.
Him: Does God talk?
Me: Yes.
Him: But, if we were in Heaven, we wouldn't be able to hear Him because we are so small.
Me: We'd still be able to hear Him. He speaks to us all the time, we just need to listen. And, we don't always hear w/ our ears, we hear w/ our...
Him: ...hearts!

1 comments:

Bondfam said...

Awww! Too precious!