Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Day Pranks

I'm slightly breaking my Lenten fast from blogs just to post about the April Fool's Day pranks I pulled on the munchkins yesterday. We've never done anything but I thought it would be fun this year.

1) The night before, I told them that I would lay their clothes for the next day at the end of their beds so they could get dressed as soon as they got up. The Princess woke up to find Daddy's camo outfit & the boys woke up to find one of their sister's dresses at the end of their beds.

2) We have two shelves of family photos in frames above the couch in the living room. I turned 1/2 of them around & the others backwards.

3) Both boys took a timed math test - all the problems were 0 + 0.

4) I put food coloring in the downstairs toilet. I tried to make it purple, but it turned into an ugly yellowish brown.

5) Each of them has an Easter bucket from last year in the pantry where they keep their candy. I took all of their candy out. Inside each bucket, I placed a bag of dried beans, a can of tuna, a salt packet, & a bouillon cube.

6) I set my copy of O Henry on the table. When The Prophet asked what it was, I told him it was his next book to read to me!

They really enjoyed these little pranks. In "retaliation" they made our bed for us & put their pillows & comforters on top of ours. I think our first round of April Fool's Day pranks was a success!

0 comments: