Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Sunday evening, we gathered at my parents' house to celebrate HandyGramps birthday. My sister & I spent some time alone, just talking & catching up on life & jobs. Then we joined everyone else in the dining room, where they were sharing fun memories of car accidents & silly mishaps. Deo Gratias!
2) I've decided that my gardens (both flower & vegetable) WILL do well this year & that I WILL work hard on them. Deo Gratias! As Fr. Solanus Casey said, "Thank God ahead of time!" (You can read my book review of Thank God Ahead of Time HERE.)
3) The weather this past week or so, other than a few rain showers, has been simply beautiful. We've spent a lot of time outdoors...playing, gardening, & going to the park. Deo Gratias!
4) I took The Princess to church yesterday for her First Communion meeting w/ our deacon. She is so excited to receive Jesus for the first time on May 18th. Deo Gratias!
5) Several months ago, there was a court case in Reno against a disabled woman who was pregant. The courts wanted her to abort her baby. I am VERY happy to share that she & her family won her case. On May 2, she gave birth to a healthy & beautiful baby girl. Deo Gratias! Deo Gratias!