Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) For Mother's Day, Matt made me lunch in bed. We came home from early Mass & while he was getting lunch ready, I donned my jammies, crawled into bed, & took a bit of a nap. Deo Gratias!
2) Mother's Day evening, we went to see comedian Tim Hawkins. I have not laughed that hard in ages. (If you don't know Tim Hawkins yet, I encourage you to run to THIS link & check him out. He's a Christian comedian, appropriate for all ages.) Deo Gratias!
3) After at least a month & a variety of illnesses, my "Mom Therapy" friend & I finally were able to get together w/ our kids. We met at a local park, had lunch, & talked while the kids played. Deo Gratias!
4) The Princess & I spent Sat. morning at church for her First Communion retreat & practice. It was wonderful to spend the morning w/ her, preparing for this wonderful sacrament. Deo Gratias!
5) One-on-one time is always great w/ my Blessings. Last night, The Saint & I went to Lowes to pick up a few things. He was so good & cute, carrying around his stuffed Dalmatian named Duke. Deo Gratias!