Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) The Archangel turned "10" last week. We've had a lot of issues w/ him over the years & things are still not perfect, but I am so thankful & proud of the young man he's becoming. He's always full of surprises for us! Deo Gratias!
2) Last Friday night, we had a birthday party for The Archangel & his friends. I am so pleased that he has some very polite & well-mannered friends. Deo Gratias!
3) On Sunday, after Mass, instead of making our usual Kroger trip, we stayed at church while the older Blessings were in PSR. Matt kept an eye on The Saint & let me have some time alone in front of the Tabernacle w/ our Lord. Deo Gratias!
4) Last week, I ordered a bundle of books from Catholic Answers shop. For $15, I got $98 worth of books on apologetics, the Mass, & a Bible study. (You know I just LOVE books, right?!?) Deo Gratias!
5) Our yard has many patches where grass has been torn up &/or completely gone, creating paths circling the house, because the Blessings & their friends are always running around. Why am I thankful for this? It means my Blessings are safe here at home & within my sight when they're outside. And, I can keep an eye on who they're playing with. There will be a time someday when we will keep the lawn nice & neat, but in the meantime...we are raising children, not grass! Deo Gratias!