Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) After two cancellations due to weather & illness, we took a trip to visit Matt's dad & aunt last Friday. Deo Gratias!
2) Last week, I mentioned the beautiful spring sounds of the birds. This week, I'm enjoying the beauty of flowers blossoming on trees & the return of the many shades of green popping up. Deo Gratias!
3) Because rain was predicted for most of this week & Monday was so beautiful, I surprised the Blessings w/ an impromptu trip to the zoo. Deo Gratias!
4) Many years ago (when I was a little girl), HandyGramps put together a slide presentation on The Shroud of Turin. This past Sunday, he presented it at his church & we took the Blessings. The Saint wasn't quite as interested, but the older three really got a lot out of it. Deo Gratias!
5) I've had some great conversations w/ The Prophet lately. He had a lot to share about what he learned from HandyGramps' presentation. While traveling to the zoo, he shared details from a science study from last fall. I was pleasantly surprised that he had retained so much from his reading! Deo Gratias!