Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful we have not had to turn the air conditioner on for the past five or six days. I just love having the house opened up (not to mention the $$$ we are saving by not running the air!)

2) I'm thankful for a decent start to our homeschool year. It's not been perfect & we are not to full schedule yet, just easing ourselves in...but it's gone well so far.

3) I'm thankful for laughter & fun times shared w/ family for HelpfulGrammy's birthday party on Sunday. She's a big "I Love Lucy" fan, so I made her a cake decorated w/ an image of Lucy & one of her quotes. We also went in w/ my sister & her family to get Mom a pair of tennis shoes that had scenes from "I Love Lucy" on them.

4) I'm thankful for a nice conversation I had w/ a resident's family member at work on Saturday. He seemed a bit lonely & sad, needing a kind ear to listen. Come to find out, they had been parishioners at our former parish & he remembered HandyGramps as the deacon there.

5) I'm thankful for this meme each week. It's way too easy to get down & focus only on the bad things happening in life. This meme encourages me to look at the good things that are happening, also. THANK YOU, JUDY for hosting it!

2 comments:

Eileen Marie Miller said...

Our air conditioning has been off too. It is a bit cooler here in Maryland also - rather than in the 90's. I feel like 'I Love Lucy' often. She is awesome. Ricky Ricardo isn't always happy with me. (just kidding)

Judy Dudich said...

Aw...number 5 is so sweet...you are very welcome for this meme! And, I thank YOU, and Colleen, and Eileen, and all those who share it with me:)

I love the #4 moments that God gives us...it always reminds me of something my mother always says..."In some small way, whether we realize it, or not...we are ALL connected". So glad you were there to ease the spirits of that gentleman.

YAY for school and YAY for lowering bills!

I'd love to ask your mum which Lucy episode is her favorite. Mine is the one where they are making chocolates on the assembly line...OH, and the grapes! LOL