Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for music. I enjoy a wide variety of styles & thankfully, I can always find something to suit my mood. Right now I am listening to a CD I happened upon at the library...The Priests. I've never heard of them before, but these three Irish priests have voices that blend together w/ such beauty, no one overpowering the others.

2) I'm thankful for "Mom Therapy" w/ my dear friend. I know I've mentioned it before, but it definitely bears repeating. Our children get along so well together & the two of us can sit & chat for hours. An additional thanks...we've been able to get together for the past three weeks w/ no cancellations!

3) I'm thankful for my job as a receptionist at a nursing home/rehabilitation center. I love the little ways/characteristics of various residents. We have a lady who used to work in a cleaning business. Now she walks the halls slowly, pushing her walker like a vacuum cleaner. Another lady used to wheel her chair down the halls belting our Broadway & Gospel songs. It can be a bittersweet job at times, as there are many residents who've passed away since I've been working there, but I am thankful to share a little of their lives w/ them.

4) I'm thankful for our library's summer reading program. The munchkins all like to read, but we can really see their interest spark when the summer rolls around. It's a fun race to see who completes their charts first.

5) I'm thankful for our spirit filled Saturday. It was a busy day w/ my nephew's graduation ceremony, party, & Confirmation for my BFF's daughter. I was honored to be asked to be her sponsor & it was a joy & blessing to share her special day.

2 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Wow, so much to be thankful for! Those mom-therapy friends are the best. Another mom in my neighborhood is a preschool teacher part time and has a son with autism, so with the autism link and the fact that she can handle multiple children in her home (and two of them being autistic, one mine, one hers) we love our mom therapy time!

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

What a blessing to be able to help care for residents in a rehabilitation center. Glad you got mom thereapy this week!