Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) Last night, I did NOT lose my temper when The Archangel was being mean, spiteful, & disrespectful. I calmly told him it was time for bed, led him upstairs, tucked him in, kissed him, & told him I loved him. Then I walked away...no confrontations, no yelling, no tears (for either of us).

2) I balanced our checkbook on the day after I received our statement in the mail. Usually it sits for a week or two before I get around to it.

3) I have not gone into a grocery store since Sunday afternoon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the calmness! I think that is the hardest thing to do sometimes.

Kelly@inthesheepfold said...

Great successes!

Avoiding repeat grocery runs would be a big one for me.

Unknown said...

Great job staying calm. Now about the grocery store thing...how did you do it. I plan and I plan and I still end up at the store 2-3 times a week! Ugh!

JJ's Mom said...

Great successes this week! Staying calm is sooo ridiculously hard sometimes. And yay for balancing the budget...my computer with Quicken died last week so I feel like I'm working blind with the bills right now!

JJ's Mom said...

Last week you asked about the recipe for Malt-O-Meal muffins....it's just the recipe on the side of the box. They're delish! (Although they don't hold up well so it's better to bake and eat - not that we normally have any leftover to hold on to...)