Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Challenge of the Month

My dear college friend, Angie (whom my munchkins nicknamed GiGi when The Archangel couldn't say Angie!), is running a year-long challenge on her blog Pretty in Orange. Each month, is a new challenge. She says, "It might involve something for your brain, something for your soul or something for your body." Each month's winner will receive a $25 gift card for Amazon.com AND she will make a $25 donation to the charity of your choice. You can see the full details of her challenge HERE.

Angie's challenge for February is a physical one to try something new. The timing couldn't be more perfect for me! Someone had suggested that Pilates might be something good for my lower back pain. Just a couple days before I read February's challenge, I had picked up a couple Pilates DVDs at the library.

So, my goal for this month:
Week One - Do 10 minutes of Pilates, four times during the week.
Week Two - Increase to 15 minutes, five times during the week.
Week Three - Increase to 20 minutes, five times during the week.
Week Four - By this time I plan to do the whole DVD (34 minutes worth), five times during the week.

I think that is doable for me & I plan to update here each week to share my success (& yes, I WILL make this a success!!!!!!!) Even if I do not will her prizes, I win...because I will be doing something good for my body, something I NEED to be doing anyway.

As I was thinking about this post ahead of time, I began to wonder if this might be a better idea for us instead of making New Year's resolutions. By choosing one thing & challenging ourselves for one month at a time, it makes it easier to accomplish our goals & make them successful. After all, it takes 21 days to make something a habit, so why not focus on just one thing at a time.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yay, I love that you're doing the challenge and that you have a plan for it. And I am seriously thinking that you are right about doing something each month rather than a year long list. :D

ViolinMama said...

I'm here, reading! I'm so sorry I'm so behind. It's me not you LOL!

Love these goals, and love all you do! You are inspiring me!!

Unknown said...

I like the challange of the month concept! BRAVO!