Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings (2nd Post Today)


Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm very thankful for great college friends who still love to spend time together! There are three of us couples who get together at least 3 times a year & alternate houses (Memorial Day, Labor Day, & New Year's Eve). Since college, we've grown quite a bit. It started w/ four of us (two were a couple in college), then the other two spouses were added, & now there are eight kids between all of us.

2) I'm very thankful that our school is over for the summer. It's been a bit of a rough year, so this break is desperately needed. We'll still do a lot of reading (especially w/ all the great reading programs offered around here) & some daily math drill practice to keep up our skills, but this week is all about fun & just being kids.

3) I'm thankful for a little extra time spent w/ the munchkins last night. I decided to tape Glee so that I could let them stay up just a bit later while I read to them.

4) I'm thankful for answered prayers & (to quote Garth Brooks) "I thank God for unanswered prayers" too!

5) I'm thankful for the great men & women who have bravely fought for the freedoms we have today.

2 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Wonderful list munchesmom!
Thanks for joining us!
How neat to see the families of your friends grow through the years!
And I LOVE that number 2!!! We're with ya'!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

wonderful things to be thankful for.