Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things



This week, instead of "Kids Say the Darndest Things," I think I am going to use "Moms Say the Darndest Things to Kids!" I've recently found myself saying some things that I never would have thought I'd say. (If you follow me on Facebook, I apologize for the repeat of these sayings!)

To The Saint, as he was sprinkling his sippy cup water on the living room pillows: "The pillows are not flowers, so please don't water them!"
AND
Also to The Saint, as he was putting my cell phone in a tub of soapy water at my friend's house: "No, thank you, my cell phone does not need a bath!"

4 comments:

Neen said...

Mom are funny creatures. You never know what one will say.

Caroline said...

I think I've heard my mom say things like that. Do you learn from us? :D
www.mysticalrosedesign.com

Lucy said...

I'm LOLing! I sometimes start to realize how rediculous some of the things coming out of my mouth really are about half-way through, but by then it's kind of too late so I just go with it, trying to keep a straight face (as are my kids)!

Thanks for joining in--always love your stories!

In Christ,
Lucy
www.mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Ooops--make that ridiculous! :D