Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small Successes


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."


1) I believe we have caught our unwanted guest mentioned here in this post. Last Thurday, I sent The Archangel & The Princess to gather trash from various trash cans. All of a sudden, I heard a scream & then footsteps thundering up the basement stairs, along w/ shouts of "IT RAN ACROSS MY FOOT!" After slightly calming the munchkins, I found that The Archangel felt something on his foot, looked down, & saw a little mouse run under the furnace. So, I set our last trap & w/in two hours, caught our guest. (I also bought more traps this weekend...there is NEVER just one mouse!)

2) I've had a GREAT start to the 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge. I actually started a bit early (Feb. 14) & have bundled up 13 bags/boxes of stuff (towels donated to an animal clinic, clothes either sold to a resale shop & donated, trash, recyclables, & a box of food donated to a local family who lost their home to a fire).

3) I've only had to pay two quarters to Operation Rice Bowl for yelling this past week & believe me...there have been PLENTY of opportunities for yelling!!!

Please share your successes & check out others at Faith and Family Live.

4 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Oh wow! GREAT idea for the yelling....I didn't pick something to hold me accountable! I need to do that!! Love the Rice Bowl!!

Great list all around..ewww on the mouse!! EEK!

Many blessings!

RealMom4Life said...

You have no idea how much consolation it gives me to know I'm not the only mom out there giving up yelling for Lent! (well.... and beyond!)

Sherry said...

Like the accountability. May not be able to afford me. Good work!

Farmer's City Wife said...

I keep seeing the 40 Bags in 40 Days thing and saying, "Wow, that would be so amazing. I should do that." And then I don't. hehe But you know what, you've really inspired me to get 'er done. Thanks!