Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings


Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) Thank you, Lord, for the over-abundance of STUFF we have in our home. As I try the 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge, it gives me a chance to donate many things to those in need.

2) Thank you, Lord, that the munchkins have been illness-free for at least five days...a record in our family this winter! (And I pray that they will not get sick since I just put this in writing.)

3) Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful conversations our family Lenten devotions have sparked each night. The munchkins are so full of love & understanding of your word, sometimes even more than I am.

4) Thank you, Lord, for vision insurance (& one of the best, at that)! With four of us in glasses & two others who most likely will need them), it can get expensive to purchase new ones each year. Thank you also for great eye care professionals. I've been going to mine since I was in 4th grade & the rest of the family has joined, going to one of his partners.

5) Thank you, Lord, that I am finally beginning to "hear" you in my daily life. Since I've consistently been reading the daily readings & other spiritual books in the past few months, I've noticed those gentle nudges. Yes, I know you've always been there...I just haven't opened myself up enough. I still have a long way to go, but I feel I'm off to a good start.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I've never heard of vision insurance before. Maybe nobody thanked God for it until today, haha. reading your list made me realized how abundantly we all are blessed by our Maker. Indeed we can never thank Him enough.

Enjoy His many blessings in your life this week.

Unknown said...

Beautiful list. God often speaks to me through Scripture readings and books too.
Thanks for sharing!

Judy Dudich said...

Those sweet photos above this post could have been the THANKFUL post by themselves!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SWEET!
I am so glad that you are blessed with insurance to take cared of your eye-care!