Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Small Successes - The "Just Getting By" Edition!

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
FaithButton



It's been a bit of a rough week around here between another stomach bug, freezing temps, an irritable momma, & misbehaving munchkins. So, this edition of Small Successes is exactly that...the "small" things I've managed to accomplish.

1) I've done at least 2-3 loads of laundry each day since Monday...most have even been put away.

2) Each evening, we have a "clutter drill" before Daddy gets home...about 12 minutes of the munchkins picking up the downstairs & me doing the kitchen. Depending on what time Daddy will be home, we either do it before dinner or right after we've eaten.

3) My first day on my new job went well on Saturday. I think I only lost two phone calls & told one person to turn right down the hall when she should have gone left. Not too bad for a first day!

Check out Faith and Family Live for more successes today.

3 comments:

ViolinMama said...

Hey!

Wrote you back on Caprica under your comment. Thanks for asking! I don't have many people who will actually watch BSG or Sci Fi so I feel like I could actually converse with someone LOL!! Adult conversation!! YEAH!

CONGRATS on work going well. I thought of you!!! I'd say your 1st day sounds better than many of my daily work days when I was teaching - so you rock!

I'm so sorry for the stomach bug, and I also suffer from wanting to muzzle my kids. Seeing I'm not alone gives me great renewal. Thanks for sharing that for me :)

Love your clutter drill! Good idea!!!

Good luck meal planning...we'll see if I can keep it up!! Ugh! :)

Much love!

Melissa said...

When I saw "just getting by" I figured that you must have meant that the kids were fed and daipered this week! Kind of like my week! Good work on the laundry and decluttering.

Amy said...

We also do a clutter drill before Daddy comes home. It is so nice to have the house in some kind of order. It seems like I am able to relax in the evening that way!