Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Munchkin Speak & Unwanted Guests

Okay, before I get to The Archangel's comment, here is the back story...

Our back door & frame needs to be replaced. Over the past 12 years, since our house was built, a lot of water has been trapped somehow & the wood is rotted. Even the floor near the door is weakened. At one spot, there is a hole where the vinyl flooring has separated from the frame. In addition to this issue, we have a mouse who has moved into said hole, who can be heard & seen scratching the woodwork. Thankfully this tenant of ours (who won't pay us any rent, by the way!) has not managed to get into the kitchen...YET.

Last night, I was inspecting this hole & happened to see a couple of small pieces of cheese in it. So, not only is this mouse NOT paying us any rent, but someone has been feeding it! I asked the munchkins about it this morning & none of them fessed up to the crime. The Archangel did say that he saw The Saint do it. When asked why he didn't say anything to us, he said that he forgot. "I forget things, even when I'm thinking about them and sleeping!"

0 comments: