Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings (#5)


Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I am thankful for the WONDERFUL Catholic Women's Conference I attended this past Saturday. Dr. Colleen Kelly-Mast was the Keynote Speaker. Her talk brought both laughter & tears. The other two speakers were Mother Assumpta Long of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist (Her order was recently on Oprah.) & Terry Polakovic, Executive Director & Chief Editor of the ENDOW Study Guides. Mother's talk was GREAT & very humorous...YES, sisters can be funny, too!

2) I am thankful that The Archangel is taking an interest in the Rosary. On Monday, he sat on the couch while I was in the middle of praying mine. He joined in, holding each bead along w/ me. Yesterday, he didn't want to pray w/ me, but when I was finished he wanted to use my CD (that I bought at the conference) to pray on his own.

3) I am thankful for the older siblings who love to spend time w/ their toddler brother.

4) I am thankful for great deals at Kohls! When I went the other day, I found a nice skirt, a blouse to match, & on a last minute run-through of the clearance rack, a cute blouse for $3.60.

5) I am thankful that a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders regarding our homeschooling for next year. This has been a big stress for me lately & I think we may have found a solution through much prayer & a catalog in the mail. More info to come in later posts as we firm up our decision.

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

OH how I'd LOVE to hear Mother Assumpta speak. My Laura awaits her 17th birthday (she's 14 currently) so that she can attend the retreat in Mother's convent!

YAY on finding such great clothing deals too!

Thanks for joining the meme!