Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton


It's been a bit more of a successful week. The Saint is still not sleeping through the night, but he's down to about two wakings now instead of four or five.

1) I braved the unknown, faced my fear, took that one giant leap, summoned all my strength -- I cleaned behind the refrigerator for the first time in years! All I can say is - WOW! After I was done, I sat down to relax & read the paper. The Baby Blues comic for the day was perfectly timed. The parents were watching TV & each frame was announcing a horror movie. In the last frame, the mom says, "That reminds me, I need to clean behind the refrigerator." Yep, that sums up my experience!!

2) I'm still making my "To-Do" list each morning & mostly sticking to it, but I've also started making one for the munchkins. This way they know what they need to do each day before they can play game systems, go outside, etc.

3) I was assigned the August reflections for our church bulletin. I got on a roll this week (I do a lot of thinking & praying when nursing) & was able to write all five of them. I sent them to my dad at church (he's our deacon & is also the one who sets the reflection schedule) & he said they were well done. Thanks, Dad! As I did when I wrote April's reflections, I'll post them each Sunday in August.

What are your successes this week? Share them & see others at Faith & Family Live.

0 comments: