Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton
Recognizing those little successes can really make a big difference. That's why I participate in Faith & Family Live's Small Successes each Thursday. Here are my successes from the past week:
1) Finally organized the shelf at the bottom of the stairs. There were coloring books, crayons, markers, etc. all over the place & all jumbled about. Looks much better...for now, at least!
2) We met up w/ another homeschooling family at the park yesterday. We mothers sat, talked, & nursed our babies while the other kids played on the playground. This was the third time we've gotten together w/ our new friends & we had a wonderful time! The kids get along so well & we mothers never seem to run out of things to talk about.
3) I said, "Yes!" to The Princess several times this week when she wanted to help me out - even though it would slow down my progress. After all, how will she develop a love of cleaning & cooking if I never let her do anything!
What are your successes? Share & see others at www.faithandfamilylive.com.

3 comments:

Anne at Catholic Mommy Brain said...

Ooh number 3 is so hard but generally well worth it-- at least for the resulting story! My little guy is a big fan of unloading the dishwasher....

ViolinMama said...

What a great list. Loved #2 - having friends is such a blessing in our busy days!!

I love reading about your life - you are so blessed! Have a fantastic weekend!!

EChristyBA said...

M- good successes this week - I know how the art shelf is in our house: crazy! And I have a 6 yr old girl who loves to help, too. Every once in a while she helps by organizing said art shelf....LOL

I had a similar time with a homeschooling mom friend, and I'm glad for you. It shores a person up for the battle, doesn't it?