Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Magnificat Magazine Review for The Catholic Company

I had the opportunity to review May's issue of Magnificat Magazine for The Catholic Company. What a great resource for a busy mom like me! All you need for your daily prayers & readings is included in this little book. There are three sections of prayers for each day of the month: Prayer for the Morning, Mass, & Prayer for the Evening. The Mass section follows the liturgical year & includes that day's readings as well as a meditation on those readings. There are also optional prayers for the Mass if the day is a Saint's feast day.

One of my favorite sections of Magnificat Magazine falls at the end of each weekday. It is Saints of Today & Yesterday. On this page is a brief biography (usually of a lesser known saint) and concludes w/ a quote of another more well-known saint. There are some wonderful stories of saints there!

The only thing I don't like as well is the price: $44.95 for a 1 year subscription (14 issues). It is well-worth the price, but in these current economic times, it's a bit tough for our family. I guarantee, though, that once we can afford it, it will become a regular in our household.

To order your subscription of Magnificat Magazine, read other reviews, or check out other products offered by The Catholic Company, check out their site: http://www.catholiccompany.com/

0 comments: