Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

No matter how small, each success is important. Here are my Small Successes this week:

1) I've finally gotten back to my weekly laundry schedule & been able to stay on track this week.
Monday: Sheets
Tuesday: Towels
Wednesday: Munchkins'
Thursday: Lights
Friday: Darks
The Saint's get done as needed & we use the weekend to catch-up on anything that didn't get done during the week. If needed, I may do extra loads throughout the week - like towels.
2) I changed our kitchen window coverings. We've been w/out one of the two French door coverings for a couple years. They were velcro panels but for some reason, the velcro on one didn't hold. I happened to find the sunflower valances I made when we moved in 8 years ago & put them back up. What a difference it makes to the kitchen. It looks more homey now!
3) I fixed a leak under the kitchen sink! All I had to do was tighten the pipes underneath, but I went ahead & took them out completely & washed them. Talk about disgusting :() Then, because I had everything out from underneath the sink, I cleaned the bottom of the cabinet, put down some Contact paper & rearranged the stuff stored there.
Head over to http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/ to see more successes & share yours. What a wonderful group of women!!

5 comments:

Maurisa said...

Whoo-hoo! Great job this week! Laundry is a juggernaut around here too. I always feel pretty successful when I can get that done all week.

EChristyBA said...

I am seriously impressed! #3 Has blown my mind! Great going! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend - surely your munchkins know what a good thing they've got! :) Bless you!

Tracy said...

Wow! Next time I need a plumber, I know where to go! lol Good job!

HuskerLissa said...

Yep definitely need some of your domestic motivation. I bet you smile every time you see the valances, good job. :-)

ViolinMama said...

Wow, you tackled an area I won't touch under the sink. You inspire me.

Thanks!!!