Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Turkish Delight!

I forgot to add Turkish Delight to the previous post. A couple weeks ago, I finished reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to The Prophet. He loved it. He asked what Turkish Delight was & I had no idea. I did a search online & now we know! There were several recipes. I chose the one that looked the easiest to make. It calls for lemon, orange, or raspberry extract, but I didn't have either one. I thought of using almond, but didn't have enough, so we used vanilla. Also, we didn't have any nuts on hand (other than the munchkins, but I didn't think they'd taste too good in it!), so I didn't put any in. It turned out really well & tasted great!

I found this recipe at www.recipezaar.com/recipe/print?id=60694.

1 comments:

Bondfam said...

Glad yours turned out well. When we did ours, it didn't turn out & it left a nice spot on my cooktop!