Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton



Here's what I've been successful about this past week:


1) Along w/ another lady from my church, we coordinated a donation drive for a center run by a Franciscan Sister about an hour away from us. About 6 1/2 years ago, this Sister came to our church & gave a talk about the center & the poor people she serves. It really hit me hard & I talked to a dear lady from my church about it. Since then, we have organized a drive through our church in January. Parishioners donate clothing, food, household items, toys, & books. Last year, we asked for new shoes. That went over so well, that this year, we decided to ask for new socks & underwear. Due to inclement weather in January, we went on Valentine's Day this year. This was our biggest year - we had about 18 vehicles fully loaded to caravan to the center. The Prophet told me on the way down that Valentine's Day was the perfect day to go - "a gift of love for the poor people of xxx County." Here is a picture of the sorting area at the center after we delivered our stuff. This is just over half of what we took there.



2) For the past month or so, I've had a large storage tub in the basement full of clean laundry. I finally took it upstairs & put all the clothes away. Hmmm...I knew The Saint had more sleep sacks!


3) I went for my physical on Monday. They called yesterday w/ the blood work results & everything was right as it should be (except Vitamin D levels - that test takes a little longer, so I don't have those results yet). I was expecting my triglycerides to be high. I was on medication for them before this last pregnancy, but obviously had to stop. Thankfully, they've stayed down! Even w/ insurance, the medication wasn't exactly cheap.


So, what are your Small Successes for the past week. Hop over to http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/ to share yours & check out more!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm in awe of your generosity in organizing such a loving gift for the poor. Truly inspiring and in no way a "small" success!

God bless you...