Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Recent School Projects

I thought I'd share some of the projects we've done in the past month or so. First up - Inaguaration 2009 Notebooks. They filled in the blanks for various parts of the inagauration process & history. We also watched part of the inagauration on TV. The boys really loved doing these. In fact, The Archangel couldn't wait until Daddy got home to show him.




Next up - The Prophet's English Castle. In The Story of the World Vol. 2, we read about castles & the various parts w/in the walls. His assignment, in lieu of a written narration, was to create a Lego castle & make sure it had the following: the Keep, the kitchen tower, the laundry area, the prison tower, & the garterobe. He also added a watch tower & a catapult on his own.



In continuing our English history, we also talked about how the English language came about. To show how many languages came together to form English, we took several different colors of PlayDoh & smushed them together into one color.



Those are just some of the many things we/ve done this school year. The Prophet is more hands-on, so things like this are good for him.

0 comments: