Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Last Thursday Matt & I celebrated our 15th anniversary. You can read my post from that day HERE. Matt bought me a beautiful diamond & sapphire heart bracelet. For him, I put together a 5x7 album of photos & memories starting when we were babies & progressing to our current family. I also bought him Season 1 of Duck Dynasty. Yes, we've gotten hooked on it! Deo Gratias!
2) HelpfulGrammy watched the Blessings on Friday while Matt & I went out to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We lunched at Chipotle & went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. We had a great afternoon together. Deo Gratias!
3) On Saturday, we met up w/ some of my dearest college friends & their families at the zoo. We had a great time catching up & watching our children develop friendships Deo Gratias!
4) I found this great quote to send to my nephew in his birthday card. He is currently in Italy...about four months into his two year mission. Deo Gratias!
5) In light of all the morally corrupt & depressing issues facing Christians these days, I am holding fast to my Faith...trusting that God's infinite plan for us will NEVER be taken away. He never promised that our time here on earth would be easy, but He has promised eternal salvation & peace in His Heavenly Kingdom. THAT is what gets me through each day! Deo Gratias!