Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) On Monday morning, we went to the funeral of a longtime family friend. While we are all sad that she is gone from this life, I am thankful she is no longer suffering. The funeral was a beautiful celebration of her life. Deo Gratias!
2) Some of the plants in our garden are starting to sprout. I'm hoping for a great harvest this year. Deo Gratias!
3) The Princess has her own little garden & yesterday, she was singing while she was sprucing it up some. She has such a sweet voice. Deo Gratias!
4) At the funeral home Sunday evening, one of my parents' parishioners complimented me on my "Thoughts on Receiving Christ in the Eucharist" (that HandyGramps read as part of his homily). She said that she's often felt the same way & was pleased to have another perspective. Deo Gratias!
5) I have my van back & the cost for its repairs were MUCH lower than we expected. The dealer was able to recharge the air conditioner instead of it being a computer issue like we originally thought. The starter was still under warranty, so my mechanic was able to replace it for no charge. Deo Gratias!