Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Two families in our neighborhood are on vacation & they have asked our Blessings to take care of mowing, watering gardens, & taking in the mail & packages. This has been a great way for them to learn about responsibility while making a little extra money. Deo Gratias!
2) Our cherry tree has produced a bunch of cherries this year. We picked about six cups worth already & there are many more still to ripen. Thankfully, there haven't been many birds getting at them this year. Deo Gratias!
3) I realized I was getting WAY TOO addicted to Candy Crush on the iPad. I was spending too much time playing it & not enough on other responsibilities. So, without any further thought, I deleted it from the iPad. Deo Gratias!
4) Our 15th anniversary is tomorrow. God has truly blessed me w/ a wonderful husband & father to our children. My love for Matt has grown stronger w/ each passing year. Deo Gratias!
5) The more I read & hear about Pope Francis, the more I love him & his ministry for the Catholic Church. He has some pretty powerful statements that really make you think & examine your faith & actions. Deo Gratias!