Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) I am the only one of the group who is not a grandmother, but I have learned so much from each of these dear women. The age difference does not matter one bit! Deo Gratias!
2) We share lots of laughter & tears as we share our blessings & trials in life, play games, watch movies, & do a lot of eating! Deo Gratias!
3) The house we rent is seated in the middle of a wooded area. It is peaceful, quiet, & beautiful. There is plenty of space if we want to spread out for some alone time or socialize w/ one another. Deo Gratias!
4) There are some great shops in the Hocking Hills area. It's always fun to browse the locally-made wares, antiques, glassware, & other items in each one. There is Mennonite market that has some of the best lunch meat & cheeses. Deo Gratias!
5) The weekend always goes too quickly, but I come home w/ so many wonderful memories. I am so thankful God has placed these dear women in my life. Deo Gratias!