Colleen says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I will join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) I am thankful to have our computer back after having the hard drive replaced. It crashed last week & unfortunately we lost everything. Surprisingly though, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be. I will miss all my photos, but thankfully I had some backed up & a bunch on Facebook, too.
2) I am thankful for our income tax refund. We are using it this year to try to pay off some bills. It is so freeing to write those final checks on some things!
3) I'm thankful for books. It's always a wonderful feeling to get lost in a great book.
4) I'm thankful for great conversations about God w/ The Saint. It's amazing how much faith & trust can come from the mouth of a 4 year old!
5) I'm thankful for thrift stores. You never know what great treasures you'll find. Last week, I found the perfect blouse for a skirt I had. I also found George Weigel's biography of Pope John Paul II...for only $1.91.