Colleen says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I will join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) I am thankful for The Saint's PSR teachers & the joy he shows every Sunday when he goes. Last week, when he returned to our pew after Communion, he handed me his craft & papers & said, "I made the guy who gave us Valentine's Day!" (They had made St. Valentine puppets.)
2) I am thankful for a fun night last Saturday. After work, I headed to a gathering of my high school youth group friends for a reunion & trip down memory lane. We share many fun memories & made new ones in the process.
3) I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit's guidance last night. The Archangel had a bit of an emotional meltdown right before bed. He was very negative & down about himself. While he still didn't feel 100% better, I think the words I spoke helped somewhat. (Please say a few prayers for him...we've had some emotionally rocky times lately w/ him. The highs & lows can come on so quickly.)
4) I'm thankful for our family rosary & prayer time in the evenings. Each day, we pray a decade for one of us. (We each have a different day of the week & Sundays are for our family as a whole.) We also dedicate it to an end to abortion, a greater respect for life at all stages, & most recently our Catholic Church as Pope Benedict XVI steps down & we prepare for a new pope takes his place. We follow the rosary w/ the St. Michael prayer, a prayer for an end to abortion, & an intentions we each have.
5) I'm thankful for the beautiful weather we've had lately. Our Blessings have been able to spend a lot of time outdoors, thus making bedtime much easier & quicker!