My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.
1) I'm thankful The Prophet is old enough to mow our lawn. He's been doing it the past couple of years & it really helps us out! He also mows our neighbor's lawn while she is trying to sell the house.
2) I'm thankful for one-on-one trips out w/ the munchkins. Last night, The Princess & I went to Kohls to use our birthday gift cards. I got a 4 piece PJ set, a purse, & a wallet. She found an adorable (& very modest) swimsuit & a water bottle. (Has anyone else noticed that prices on clothing are going up, while the amount of material used is going down?)
3) I'm thankful for great deals on food. One of our local Kroger stores marks down some of their near to expire foods on Sun. mornings. So, while the munchkins are in PSR, Casinodad, The Saint, & I head over there. We stock up on loaves of bread for 35 cents, produce, & meats.
4) I'm thankful for answered prayers. While we don't always see immediate results (& sometimes never see them at all), I KNOW that God IS answering my prayers...in His own way & in His own time!
5) I'm thankful for The Archangel, who turns nine today! Even w/ all the trials we've gone through w/ his ADHD & other issues, he's been a wonderful son. He's bright, he's loving, & has been a blessing to our family.
(The Archangel w/ the Earth Dragon Defense Lego Set
he received for Christmas)