Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for yesterday's "Mom Therapy" w/ my dear friend. It was our last visit before they go out of state for a few weeks. I wish them a safe trip & speedy return!

2) I'm thankful that The Archangel's hand did not get broken when The Prophet accidentally slammed it in the van door. It looks a lot worse than it is, but thankfully did not require a trip to Urgent Care. They both learned lessons from this. The Prophet now knows to look before he shuts the door & to not slam it, while The Archangel knows to not put his hand on the section between the doors.

3) I'm thankful we're in the last month & a half of school. It's been a bit of a rough year, so it will be nice to have a break & return refreshed in the fall.

4) I'm thankful that many of the severe storms that were predicted for our area seemed to pass us by, especially after all the torrential downpours we've had in the last week. Building an ark has sounded like a good idea...perhaps an exercise for The Archangel's Cub Scouts?!?!

5) I'm thankful for the Easter celebration of our Lord's rising from the dead. We went to Mass Sunday morning then spent the rest of the day celebrating w/ family at my parents' house.

4 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Hope that hand heals quickly! Ouch!(You can tell your kids that my Laura used shut HER OWN hand in the car door all the time!)
Glad you are enjoying this beautiful Easter Season and having happy Mommy time with friends:)) Thanks for participating with me each week:) And thank you for your kind words on my blog. I think YOU are awesome too!

http://ordainedpraise-homeschoolmom.blogspot.com/2011/04/eileen-is-grateful_27.html said...

Glad to see your wonderful list and that your child's hand is o.k. Happy Easter!!!!!!!

Bondfam said...

Like mother, like son, right? Weren't you the one that slammed my hand in one of our vehicles growing up? LOL!

Maria said...

Probably! I do remember when I was about five or six, when Mom slammed my wrist in their old blue car. We were leaving Grandma's & it was snowing. I reached my hand out to take some ice off the window when she shut the door. It was back when cars only had 2 doors, but thankfully, there was a rubber seal that kept my wrist from being broken. It was stuck for a minute or two before Mom realized it.