Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I got the gift bags prepared to give to my girlfriends when we have our weekend away in a couple of weeks.

2) I read a whole book on Saturday.

3) When making up our school plans for this week, I actually remembered that the munchkins were having "Craft Day at Grandma's" on Tuesday & made sure I didn't have a full school schedule for that day. (I usually don't think ahead & we end up either rushing to get school done or we postpone & get behind.)

FYI: "Craft Day at Grandma's" is when the munchkins & their homeschooled cousins get together at HelpfulGrammy's to do some type of seasonal craft. They usually do this about four times a year. On Tuesday, they decorated Easter eggs & made Spring banners w/ foam stickers.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that has to be so special for your Mom to have all the grandkids over to work on crafts! Your family is truly blessed.

Happy Easter!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great week. Reading a whole book in one Saturday sounds like a good day to me! I bet your kids and their cousins love visiting grandma and doing crafts. They'll likely treasure those times forever.

Kansas Mom said...

I agree, a craft day with Grammy and cousins sounds fabulous! I wish we had some homeschooled cousins near-by for such a fun activity!

Sherry said...

Definitely lag in my family in the craft department. What a blessing!

Nicole Stallworth said...

Way to go on the thinking ahead! Although (I must say) you sound worlds ahead of me. Curious about your book on Saturday... What was it and how did you ever get the opportunity? :-)