Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Deo Gratias

  http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-79_m8WT1SwA/U6o1zMSJ8WI/AAAAAAAAEbU/4KS3zk8CzsY/s1600/deo-gratias+buttom.jpg
"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart


Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"

Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
**********
1) The weather has finally been cooperative enough for me to paint our kitchen, which I did yesterday. Deo Gratias! 

2) At choir practice last night, I was blessed to sing w/ the husband of a dear friend. He has a beautiful voice & it was wonderful to sing w/ him. Deo Gratias!

3) The boys made their own costumes for tomorrow night's Trick or Treat. They are each being characters from Minecraft & used boxes to make their heads. The did a great job! Deo Gratias! 

4) I gave the Blessings the week off school. With the great weather for painting, Trick or Treat, & our All Saints' party, I thought it would be a nice break for them. Deo Gratias!

5) I'm thankful for our neighbors. We've lived in our house for 13 years & it's only been in the last couple that we've really connected w/ a couple of the families. It's nice to know that we're all there to help one another out & that our kids get along so well. Deo Gratias!


0 comments: