Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Deo Gratias

  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhgmWC0xzWdo85CoaTymct-DPUVIesyQO84RARauQ38_rEGBhogYluEZH0R8VbLnHEOrcNWHuTcxoRUiJ_8p4-UWgU7JFjHOfY939JA4yvSH5rL9aPljyuu_1ysGsch71M0FyqBkT2ZUMI/s1600/deo-gratias+buttom.jpg
"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is thank you, it will be enough." - Meister Eckhart


Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"

Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
**********
1) Aunt M.'s funeral last Thursday was a beautiful celebration of her life. She touched many people in her 95 years. Deo Gratias! 

2) I got together w/ my dear "Mom Therapy" friend yesterday while our kids hung out together. These times are so refreshing & uplifting. Deo Gratias!

3) By chance, we started some of our Christmas shopping yesterday. Matt & The Archangel found an item on Amazon that will be perfect for The Saint. Deo Gratias!

4) The Professor stayed w/ us this past weekend. At one point, he was napping in one of our living room chairs. The Saint asked me if he could get a blanket & cover Grandpa up. So sweet! Deo Gratias!

5) Recently I posted that I was thankful to be doubling my hours at work due to another receptionist leaving. Well, they changed the hours & they now do not fit w/ my schedule for the longterm. However, I am available to help out until the new receptionist is trained. These extra hours will be helpful for Christmas shopping! Deo Gratias!


0 comments: