1) One homeschooling book you enjoyed: Boy, is this a toughy! I've read so many books on homeschooling over the years...mostly borrowed from the library due to our limited funds. It even got to the point where I actually got tired of some because they seemed to say the same things, just different authors. I think the one I've gotten the most use of has been The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer & Jessie Wise. Originally, I planned on using their ideas only, but over the years I've branched out on my own, but still refer to the book occasionally.
2) One resource you wouldn't be without: My first thought was the computer/internet. I find so much information & support here. However, I think I will have to steal Judy's answer & say the library. That way, I'm covered w/ books, DVDs, CDs, computers, various programs, & more. I LOVE our local library!
3) One resource you wish you had never bought: Math-U-See...I saw a DVD presentation & thought switching from Saxon to MUS would be a good fit for The Prophet's first grade math. He did well for the first month or so & enjoyed the lessons. We were even able to forgo some of the worksheets because he understood the concepts. However, one day we got to a lesson which was taught in a very strange way. I can't remember what it was now...I just knew I didn't like it & he was having trouble understanding it. One thing I did like, though, was the clean pages. There were no extra graphics or colors...just the explanations & the problems.
4) One resource you enjoyed last year: WOW! There are so many GREAT resources out there. I won't say this is at the very top of my list, but we did make use of several art project selections through Art Project for Kids.
5) One resource you will be using next year: I'm taking this question to be for this year, now that we have started school. I really think the munchkins need to have some keyboarding skills, so I'm going to work FreeTypingGame.net into their school schedules, mostly the boys, but The Princess too, if she wants.
6) One resource you would like to buy: This is a no-brainer...I've been wanting the purchase A Year With God from Catholic Heritage Curricula for a LONG time! Each year I hope we can fit it into our school budget, but each year it doesn't happen. Hopefully soon!
7) One resource you wish existed: An "Easy" button for homeschooling! You know that red button on the Staples commercials? I'd love to have our own go-to button for when the days are tough...not so much to make the lessons easier, but to help us refocus & maintain a peaceful learning environment. Oh wait...nevermind! I already have one of those buttons. It's called "Prayer!"
10) Tag six other homeschoolers: I'm gonna cheat a bit on this one...I'm going to link this post to my FB page & tag a few homeschooling friends there. But, if you're reading this & would like to participate, by all means...please do! Just remember to leave me a comment so I can read yours.