Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Small Successes

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
FaithButton



1) Sunday was a very productive day. After Mass, my dad came over to help remove our old toilet seat from our downstairs bath. The nut & bolt were so rusted, he had to cut them off. Afterwards, I cleaned the bathroom & put on another toilet seat. It's amazing how just this one small item can really change the look of the bathroom. Also, I took ALL of our recyclables to the recycle bins. WOW! Our garage was overflowing w/ them. Because of illnesses & lots of freezing, snowy weather, we hadn't taken them in almost two months.

2) We finally bought a Wii Fit Plus & set it up Sunday evening. So far I have used it for at least 1/2 an hour each day since. Right now, I'm just spending time exploring the various activities. Once I find the ones I really like, I'll set myself up on a regular schedule. According to my body test, I am overweight (no surprise there!) & have the body of a 48 year old. I've got a lot of work to do!

3) On Monday, the munchkins & I spent the morning in the basement. They worked on straightening up their toys while I cleaned out the junk underneath the stairs. I've been promising them I would do this for a while so they could play under there. I also managed to get three loads of laundry done while down there!

What's been good for you this week? Go & share at Faith & Family Live!

2 comments:

Farmer's City Wife said...

Oooh... I've been looking at the Wii Fit for some time now, but it's kind of cost-prohibitive for us at the moment. Let us know how it goes!

Under the stairs is a scary place to be -- kudos for being so productive this week!

ViolinMama said...

Oh - welcome to Wii workouts! They are the best!!!!

I love using ours!!! Check out the Wii Active sometimes too...

Great job on the basement! You inspire me always.

And, even if the Wii said overweight - I think you are beautiful and delightful!!! God Bless!