Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Another Birthday!


The Archangel turned five on April 18. Wow! I just can't believe how fast these munchkins are growing! We had family over for cake & ice cream. This year we went w/ a festive style cake for him. I used a white cake mix & spread colored frosting overtop, following that up w/ colored sprinkles & balloon shaped candles. For added decor, The Prophet loaned him a couple of his knight Legos. Now, for the color of the frosting...I saw on the cake mix box that you can add a Kool-Aid packet to a can of frosting for color & flavor. What a neat idea! So, I let The Archangel pick out his flavor - Tropical Punch. Okay, now here is where your color skills come in - when you add a red colored Kool-Aid mix to white frosting what color do you get? Oops, it's pink...for a boy's birthday cake. So, I added a lot of red food coloring. Still didn't get a complete red, but it was not so pink anymore. Once the sprinkles & other decorations were on it, it wasn't too bad & he really liked it. Tasted pretty good, too!

He got a lot of really nice gifts. He's starting to get into Legos more, so he ended up getting four different sets that he was very pleased with. My parents got him a neat child's laptop that he likes to use, especially when in the van. He also got some activity books, which he really loves, some books, an umbrella, some games, & clothes. Overall, I think he really liked his birthday presents & the time spent w/ the family.

Also, a big event for him was signing up for his own library card. I know the library lets them sign up at a younger age, but I decided that five was a good time for each of the munchkins. He was so excited & couldn't wait to check out his books using his very own card.
His five year check up at the doctor's office was quite an ordeal. He was due for not one, not two, but four shots! He's not one to like them at all so he cried throughout most of his appointment & wouldn't cooperate w/ the doctor. Usually when there are two or more shots, two nurses come in & do them at the same time so that they go quicker. He is also a kicker, so we had the two nurses giving the shots on either leg, another holding his legs, & I was holding his arms while trying to comfort him at the same time. Wow!
Happy Birthday to my Little Man!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.