Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) There have been many people who have offered their love, prayers, & support during this time...whether it be through hugs, cards, emails, or Facebook comments. Deo Gratias!
2) I've also found many people who have gone through the same experience, some more than once. Deo Gratias!
3) The Friday before my miscarriage, I had gone to the doctor w/ some concerns. He did an ultrasound & I was able to see the baby's heartbeat. YES, at only six weeks, a baby's heart is beating! So don't ever let anyone tell you it's not a baby! Deo Gratias!
4) On Sunday, I talked to our parish secretary about having a Mass offered for our baby. Our regular Mass time is taken up for quite a while, but she was able to put our baby on for Christmas Eve. Such a blessing! Deo Gratias!
5) We've been open & honest w/ the Blessings through this whole experience. It has lead to many wonderful conversations about how important our Faith is to us. We know that our baby is safe w/ God in Heaven & we look forward to one day meeting this beautiful saint. Deo Gratias!