Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Growing up, many of my friends would constantly complain about how mean their mothers had been. While HelpfulGrammy & I had our fair share of disagreements, I never felt like I had to complain like others did. Deo Gratias!
2) Mom was always home for us. Even as we got older & she went back to work, she made sure that her working hours took place while we were in school & that she would be there when we got home. Deo Gratias!
3) She's there when someone needs her support. Several years ago, a longtime friend of hers was going through a major health crisis. HelpfulGrammy was there to take her to appointments, make meals for her, & just be there when needed. Deo Gratias!
4) HelpfulGrammy is great at laughing! There are many instances when she, my sister, & I would be reduced to tears from laughing so hard. There are still times when this happens & usually it's something that's not really that funny, but struck us that way! Deo Gratias!
5) I try not to take advantage of HelpfulGrammy when it comes to babysitting. I do know & feel quite confident that if & when I really need her, she'll be there for us. Deo Gratias!