Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
This is my "Thanks for My Family" edition!
1) The Saint's uninhibited, child-like faith that helps to keep me child-like in my own prayer life. The other day, while making a Last Supper craft, he grabbed the paper Jesus, help Him to his chest & said, "I have Jesus in my heart!" Deo Gratias!
2) The Princess has such a creative spirit. She loves to crochet, sew, & do all kinds of other crafts. Not only is she talented, she loves to share her talents w/ others...teaching them, giving them gifts, etc. Deo Gratias!
3) The Archangel likes to lay in my bed w/ me before bedtime each night. It gives us a few minutes of extra time together talking about whatever is on his heart at that moment. Deo Gratias!
4) The Prophet has really taken off in his clarinet playing. At first, he wanted to quit because he thought it was too hard, but I had him push through. He loves to play now. Deo Gratias!
5) I can't say enough about my dear husband, Matt! He's such a loving, supportive man who puts up w/ a lot from me. He sees the good in me, even when I can't quite see through the muck. God has truly blessed me w/ a wonderful man! Deo Gratias!
And one extra for today...for Pope Francis, our new Holy Father. Like many Catholics around the world, I am thrilled w/ what I've seen & heard of this man so far. It seems that the Holy Spirit has led the cardinals in choosing a faith-filled, humble man to lead our Church. DEO GRATIAS!