1) Not only is God allowed in our school, He is the superintendent.
2) Flexible scheduling - time for appointments, interest in topics can be further explored, illnesses, breaks when needed or wanted, opportunities to take advantage of nice days out, work during the day or night, etc.
3) We can use the whole house for studying - kitchen table, beds, couch, floor, outside
4) We can teach to the child's level, not the average of the class - if something doesn't work, we can change material or way it's taught & we don't have to wait for the rest of the class to catch up
5) If something is grasped w/in the first several problems, we can skip the rest & move on to the next lesson
6) No homework in the evening (although sometimes the munchkins like to get a head start on the next day & do some of their work in the evenings)
7) We CAN sing Christmas & religious songs, talk about God, pray, celebrate feast days & holy days
8) No bullying, unless you count sibling rivalry at times!
9) Learning takes place throughout the day - making meals/baking = science, math, health; grocery shopping = economics, math, health; park visits = health/PE, nature study, science; library trips = all subjects depending on what books you pick
10) Errands can be run when places are less crowded - library, shopping, etc.