Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) We spent Sunday afternoon weeding around the house. This was a HUGE task! Weeds on either side of the house & in our garden were at least 2 1/2 feet high...yes, quite neglected this summer. But it's been soooooooo hot, I just couldn't stand to be outside.

2) Implemented a new discipline technique for the munchkins. See THIS post from yesterday, detailing what we're doing. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

3) We started our official schooling for the new year.

So, that's been my week! How're things going for you? Check out Faith & Family Live to see more successes & share your own. What a great support group there!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Great week! Totally understand having to let the yard work go with the heat, but at least it finally got done. God Bless!

JJ's Mom said...

I laughed at your weeding success! Our weeds got so out of control last summer that my husband decided to just till up a whole bed and replant this summer - rather than trying to get the weeds back under control. :)

Faith on the High Wire said...

Oh, how I despise weeding. I often just close my eyes before I enter my house! :o)

Barbara said...

Great work! I'm distracted by my daughter's trip to Europe (plus her birthday plus my birthday), so we're not starting school until after Labor Day (late this year!).

Yes, I want to post the chicken picatta recipe. I'll try to remember to let you know when I do.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Farmer's City Wife said...

I've almost thought, before, that I'd rather turn my yard into a rock garden than to weed. Eeeew.

Congrats on an awesome week!

Judy Dudich said...

YAY for you guys!
Whew! Those weeds sounded like a tough job alright...bet you all felt REALLY good when you were done and you had a nice, clean yard again!
Have a GREAT school year!

Mary said...

Our weeds are out of control too- or were, anyway. My husband weeded the other day and they were about as tall. It's been so hot I have been thinking about not even planting vegetables next year because I don't' want to deal with the heat. Sad, I know. I'm sure I'll forget all about it in January when the seed catalogs come!

Sherry said...

You've been tagged over at my blog for a meme. Come by and play at Chocolate for Your Brain!

Karen said...

Congratulations, you won the Already There giveaway on my blog. Please email me at Karen@KarenInMommyland.