Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Small Successes


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I deep cleaned our bedroom...dusted, swept, reorganized stuff, removed unnecessary things, etc. It's almost the sanctuary it should be (about 98%) & is so welcoming to walk into now.

2) Yesterday, I noticed that a sippy cup of milk had spilled in the fridge. In only 15 minutes, I cleaned the four larger shelves. I removed all the items, scrubbed the gunk off of them, & used bleach spray to disinfect them. And surprisingly, there wasn't a lot of outdated food to discard...that's a success in itself!

3) Also, yesterday, I washed, dried, AND put away all the munchkins' clothes. That last part is the toughest to complete & the clothes usually sit in the basket for several days...at least!

How's your week been? Check out Faith & Family Live to share your successes & see what others have been up to.

3 comments:

Farmer's City Wife said...

#3 is showing off :-p. I think I should just put a dresser in our laundry room, 'cause that's pretty much where the clothes stay until we wear and wash them again.

What a GREAT week!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Great job on the fridge...it's one of those chores that falls by the way side so often!

Elisa said...

Haha...(Farmer's City Wife)...seriously...can you come to my house! GO YOU!!