Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Quirky Ole Me

I've had the idea for this post rumbling around in my head for a while, trying to think of all the funny little quirks I have. So, here are some that I came up with.

1) I cannot visualize the faces of the characters in the books I read. No matter how well the author describes a character, the faces are just a blur to me. I can see their hair, clothes, settings, etc. - just not the faces. Sometimes, if the book has been made into a movie, I can see the actors' face, but even that doesn't happen all the time. Case in point - I just finished the Twilight series but none of the images in my head fit the ones from the movie.

2) When I eat my cereal, I take a few bites of the cereal & milk together. Then I drink down all but a little bit of the milk before I finish eating. The only reason I could come up w/ for this was that I don't want the cereal to get soggy.

3) I think I'm allergic to thinking hard! Go ahead...laugh, but it's true! Almost every time I put myself deep in thought or prayer, my nose gets all congested & I start a sneezing fit. I first discovered this about 10 years ago when I was taking a mail correspondence course in writing. Whenever I had to concentrate & focus, it would happen.

4) The open end of my pillowcase must always face towards the outer edge of the bed.

I'm sure I have more & will post them once I think of them. Do you know of any quirks I have or are you a quirky person too? Leave me a comment & let me know!

2 comments:

The Sassy Orange said...

Good Lord, there will never be enough room for me to list all of my quirks. Probably one of my favorites is that I cannot throw away fortunes from fortune cookies.

Judy Dudich said...

Well...it seems we are a bit of kindred spirits! I am the EXACT same on numbers ONE and TWO...NO KIDDING!
AND I am the exact opposite (but the same in a way) on the pillows...except mine MUST face in toward each other!!! What a fun idea for a post! Thanks for sharing your QUIRKS! And now I am imagining Lawgirl's never-ending, always-growing mountain of fortunes from cookies in her house!!! LOL