Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the Little Things in Life...

Last night, I took a trip to the grocery store - sans munchkins. Upon returning home, they swarmed (as they usually do) to see what treasures I'd brought home. Yesterday, I'd used the last of our oatmeal for breakfast so I'd gotten some more. The Princess saw the next container sitting on the counter & said, "You bought oapmeal?" & came over to give me a big hug. (Yes, that is how she pronounces it - I didn't spell it wrong.)

This morning, she was still sleeping when I made mine but I went ahead & prepared hers too. After finishing hers, she came up to me, hugged my left arm, looked up at me w/ those beautiful brown eyes, & said, "Thank you for buying oapmeal!"

It's the small things that make a big difference!

By the way, I also got gas for our van last night using the points earned by shopping. I had about 1/4 of a tank left & filled it for only $13.62. I paid the lowest amount per gallon ever - 79 cents! WooHoo!

Again - it's the small things!!

0 comments: